Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bad Kitty Creative

I am proud to announce the launch of our brand new website and blog called, Bad Kitty Creative.  This is our parent company.  It focuses on everything creative and rediscovering a passion for creativity.

http://badkittycreative.com

About:

This web site is dedicated to my desire to rediscover my passion for the arts and creativity in general.

I worked for 6 years as a professional Graphic Artist/Wed Designer.  I loved my job, every day was a new challenge and I got to do things that I never thought I would.  But as any designer will tell you when you work for someone else, your designs are not really your own.  I never realized that until I got laid off because of downsizing.  It was heart breaking to say the least.  I was so used to being told what to do and when to do it, that I become lost without that.  This new freedom has taken some getting used to.

A few years have passed since then and a lot has changed.  I worked off and on but my heart just wasn’t in it any more.  I have a new passion in life now, and that is being a loving wife and stay-at-home mom to my two little step-monsters.  My husband put together a little art area for me in the basement after I moved in, but it rarely gets used.

Awhile back I one of my little monsters asked me if we could start doing art for fun, and not just for school.  I said of course!  But the other day I was down in my art area and I realized that somewhere along the way, I forgot how to draw.

I guess I never realized how much I missed being creative until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment