Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Immature Eagle

I thought this needed it own post.  While we were out looking for the loon I came across this big guy.  At first I didn't know what it was. as it flew over us but when I followed it with my camera and zoomed in a little I could see that it was a 'baby' Eagle.  Well not so baby but it doesn't have it full Eagle feathers yet, but you can tell that it's close.  They say once the feathers turn that means the Eagle has reached maturity and is ready to look for a mate.  So maybe by next year this guy (or girl) will be looking to have some young of it's own.

And let me just say that when it flew over us, I was a little freaked out because I could tell that it was huge. There are not many birds this size that live in the northwoods.




No comments:

Post a Comment