Thursday, June 16, 2011

Baby Ducks and help id this animal

I had to share these, while boating we came across a mommy duck, we think it may have been a Wood Duck, and about six or so little baby ducks.  The mom kind of got separated from them but was trying to swim back to them as we went by.  I didn't get a very good shot of the mother, but here are the babies!  They are so cute.




Also while scouting for places to hang my new nature cam, we found this print.  It's not a wolf I know that, but I thought it was interesting.  My boyfriend said he thought it was a raccoon, but it doesn't seem long like a raccoon's print (i searched it on google)  You can see the claw marks and good friends on the DNR site say that raccoons, skunks, coyotes, foxes, and dogs will often leave claw marks.





No comments:

Post a Comment